Saturday, December 29, 2012

Tigers, Tebow, and Time and a Half

The post Christmas blues have officially worn off in the HumorMD household. This was likely due to the fact that we worked straight through most of it! I'm in the hospital again this morning and Mrs. HumorMD is finishing up an overnight shift as well. My parents are in town helping us taking care of little guy today. After a little time at home today, we're off to a wedding tonight before I get to head back to the hospital to work the day shift on Sunday. Hopefully I'm not down for the invocation Sunday morning. If so and you're a church member reading this, fill in for me please!

On the sports front, college football is about to make its final push. Bowls with actual meaning will start up this week. My Clemson Tigers play LSU on Monday and you can bet I'll be in front of the TV for that one. Really excited about this game because its a chance for us to prove ourselves versus a quality opponent.

The NFL is also going to be interesting soon. The playoff are the one time in the NFL season when I'll actually watch all the games. I usually just skip around and find teams with certain players I like (i.e CJ Spiller, Tim Tebow). Ironically, those two guys are playing this Sunday. This is likely Tebow's last game as a Jet, and from all accounts that's a good thing for both sides. Hard to figure out how that whole fiasco went down. I don't blame Tebow for being upset about being passed over. He was lied to if he was told he was the backup all season and then didn't get to play when the number one guy is benched. By definition, the next man is up when number one is out. If that isn't you, then you weren't the back up.

I've wrestled with what to think about the rumor that he asked out of playing in certain packages. First, I don't know if its true. If it is true, then my final answer rests on what I would think if HumorMD Jr asked out of a certain play or position in rec league sports. In short, I wouldn't be happy. I'm trying to teach him to put the team first and help the team win in whatever way possible. If the coach lied to you, then that's on him. Your reaction is on you. Tebow has never had a problem with this in the past, and I hope it doesn't happen again. At least we know he's human now, right...

1 comment:

  1. Tebow illustrates the problem I was trying to point out to my evangelical friends last year. Anytime you elevate a person to super-human status (as many did to Tebow), you are subject to his/her falls. It is better to be a fan and not make him a spokesman for your faith. But few listened to me...

    ReplyDelete