Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hat Training

I've already told you about HumorMD Jr's hatred for winter clothes. This inclination of his extends to hats as well. This presents a problem during cold weather. He already hates blankets and thick clothes. The little guy is going to freeze to death if we have to add hats to the black list. Consequently, we have introduced him to hat training.

Hat training is somewhat like desensitization for those familiar with medicine. You gradually expose someone to higher and higher doses of something they're allergic to so that they can eventually tolerate it. The same concept applies with hat training. We are giving him increasing amounts of time wearing a hat each day. So far, we're up to about 5 minutes. He has spent every second of that grunting and violently shaking his head from side to side so far. Promising, I know.

It probably doesn't help that his old man really hates hats. I only wear them when I haven't showered in days or if I'm on a construction site that requires hard hats to decrease the risk of death from falling objects. Accordingly, I've adopted the role of bad cop for this entire hat training fiasco. Mrs. HumorMD encourages him and says nice things, and I stand behind her making scary faces. Occasionally I let loose an ear splitting scream to better get my point across. I figure he should be presented with both options equally so he can choose for himself. I can't help it that he sides with me. The facts are the facts, and there's nothing I can do about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment