Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Son Bruised My Chest

HumorMD Jr is going to be able to squat entire buildings in the weight room when he gets older. How do I know this? Because he already injured his old man by kicking him in the chest. Yes, you read that right. The 12 week old kicked me so hard that he bruised me. Embarrassed and proud all at the same time. I'm an emotional basket case.

You might wonder what inspired such a show of strength from little man? That would be our Saturday morning soccer viewing. The Premier League comes on in the morning (maybe a few of you actually know that). We've discovered over the past few weekends that HumorMD Jr loves to watch soccer. He will watch the entire game and kick his own legs every time he sees someone kick the ball on the TV. It's pretty remarkable to watch.

This past Saturday, I decided to get down in front of him while this was going on. As it turns out, Chelsea went on a breakaway and HumorMD Jr went nuts. I was leaning over him making faces when he planted his right heel directly in my sternum. It knocked me back for a second, which was fortunate since it allowed me to see Chelsea score. I'm not sure if little buddy was happy that Chelsea scored or mad at me for partially blocking his view. Regardless, he gave me everything he's got, and I did not get down in front of him until the game was off.

Mrs. HumorMD was actually very excited about this entire series of events. She is trying to ensure that he latches on to a sport that involves few injuries. So far, the leaders are baseball, soccer, tennis, golf, badminton, and dodgeball (no wrenches unlike the movie). Football is somewhere near the bottom. That might be good for the short term as well. Can you imagine if I had to go to the hospital because my 12 week old tried to cut block me when I walked by? The guys at work would never let me live that down.

No comments:

Post a Comment