Saturday, December 1, 2012

Championship Saturday

As broken up as HumorMD Jr is that our Tigers aren’t playing this weekend, both he and I are excited about today. It’s conference championship  Saturday, and some great games await us. First, congrats to the Stanford Cardinals. Love what they have done with that program. My home conference game, the ACC, features Florida State vs. Georgia Tech. I will pay attention because it is the ACC, but the only word to describe it can be disappointing. When one team in your conference championship is getting a waiver to play in a bowl game in case they end up with a losing record, then you have a problem.
The game of the day is the SEC championship of course. A berth in the national championship game is on the line. I don’t have a preference between the Bulldogs and the Tide. I’m simply looking forward to watching some good football. Still undecided if I will pull for the winner of this game or Notre Dame in the national championship. This would traditionally be a no brainer as any Southerner worth his salt pulls should root against the Irish in that situation. The ACC has created a problem for me though with this recent agreement to make Notre Dame a semi-member. I’ll keep you updated on whether geographic or conference loyalty wins out.
Only the bowls remain for college football today, which means we are fully shifting gears to college basketball. My previous warning to other teams to not overlook Duke has now been upgraded to a full scale alert. After watching them come back against Ohio State I just have one thing to say…those jokers are good. I believe the Duke/UNC game will be painful for the Tar Heels as they most definitely cannot hang with them right now. My assessment of NC State is becoming more tempered. The Wolfpack have not looked as good of late. Still plenty of time to right the ship, but they might want to slow down that hype train for right now.
Hope all of you enjoy the day as much as HumorMD Jr and I will! Plenty of good things to come next week including HumorMD Jr’s battle with Sophie the rubber giraffe. Stay tuned for details!

No comments:

Post a Comment