Saturday, December 8, 2012

Move Over Heisman, Round Ball is Here

Happy Saturday to everyone. A great day of college hoops awaits for HumorMD Jr and I. There's only one matchup of two top 25 teams today, but this is the first Saturday where the basketball schedule is full. HumorMD Jr will be checking out the Blue Devils again today at 3:15. We'll see if they can take care of business against Temple and continue their argument for being number one in the nation.

My Clemson Tigers take on the number eight ranked Arizona Wildcats. I'm really looking forward to this game. Clemson doesn't have the offensive firepower that most teams do, but we do possess a good defensive mentality that keeps us in games we otherwise shouldn't be in. If we can keep this to a low scoring affair, then we have a chance with some well timed buckets.

The only top 25 matchup that I alluded to earlier is Illinois at Gonzaga at 10PM. That's a little bit past HumorMD Jr's bedtime, so I'm not sure we'll catch that one. Maybe we can DVR it for him, and he can check it out during his morning bottle time.

The only football related item today is the Heisman Trophy. Klein, Te'o, and Manziel are the guys. Klein is third in my opinion. This will come down to Te'o vs. Manziel. I wouldn't have a problem with either of them. Both have played well and bring something unique to the table (defensive player vs. freshman). Given what I know, I'm going to stick my money on Te'o. He's already won the other player of the year awards, plays for Notre Dame, and is an upperclassmen. All of these attributes typically bode well for a Heisman finalist.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I will be back in the hospital tomorrow morning unfortunately, which means I will likely not be saying the opening prayer during church as scheduled (ahh resident life). However, I should be able to spend some time with HumorMD Jr and Mrs. HumorMD later on in the afternoon. Now, on to the laundry!

P.S. Forgot to mentioned the Army vs. Navy game today. How dumb am I? Yes, you should watch that. Future military leaders playing football. Just might be worth your time if you're into the whole duty and honor thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment