Thursday, January 17, 2013

What You Talkin' Bout?

HumorMD Jr is telling me about his day as I write this. No really, he actually is. Little man has been talking up a storm these past few days. There's nothing close to real words yet, but he will sit there for stretches up to 15 minutes just making noises at me. I'm pretty confident that he thinks he's effectively communicating. He'll even get frustrated if I don't respond appropriately or in time.

He really loves when I talk back to him. That probably furthers his misconception that I understand him, but that's OK. As far as he can tell, he's having a conversation with his dad, and I want to do everything possible to make him enjoy doing that.

Unfortunately my work schedule has me pretty tired recently, which is why this post is going to be short as well. I've actually fallen asleep a few times while he's talking to me from his crib or chair. Fortunately, little man is so easy going that he just naps right along with me instead of crying. Got a feeling that he won't be quite so appreciative later in life when he old man falls asleep while he's talking to him. Better enjoy it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment