Monday, January 7, 2013

How Bout Them Tigers!

I know it's been several days since the glorious game where Clemson defeated LSU, but it deserves an entire post. First, I'm still jacked that we actually won that game. Tajh Boyd is a man, plain and simple. Nuk Hopkins was dominant, and the defense stepped up big time. I'm very excited for the implications for next year and hopefully the bump in recruiting we'll get from such a big time win.

As it would happen, HumorMD Jr and I took in the game together. Mrs. HumorMD was on call at the hospital at the time. Since little buddy had to stay with his grandparents the next day because I had to be at work early, we stayed the night with them. We were watching the game with my in-laws, but they decided to head to bed around the end of the third quarter. That was about when LSU when up by 11, and it looked like it might not be Clemson's night.

Everyone knows what happened next as the Tigers came storming back to win the game on a last second field goal. HumorMD Jr, however, was oblivious to all this. Why, you might ask? Well, he was asleep. He passed out in my lap around halftime and slept through the whole night afterwards. That meant that I had to watch one of the most exciting halves of football I've ever seen with a sleeping baby in one arm.

You can imagine the theatrics you would have seen had you been there. Every mime out there has nothing on me. There were multiple fist pumps, silent groans, and silent screams of victory all without waking up the little guy. I love my Tigers, but awakening the beast inside HumorMD Jr when he's asleep is just a bad idea. No one saw me until my sister-in-law and her boyfriend came into the room after Clemson won. They thought my silent celebration I was doing was hilarious. Fortunately, none of it was caught on film, or I would be hearing about it for years to come. All I have to say is if I won't even yell during the biggest Clemson victory in recent memory, then I must love that little guy. One day, he'll be yelling with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment