Saturday, November 24, 2012

Post Thanksgiving Chicken Beating

Today is the one Saturday during the year where even PETA knows that it is OK to beat chickens. That's right my friends. Today is Clemson vs. Carolina. HumorMD Jr and I will be spending the morning perusing the rest of the college football world until the 7 PM kickoff. I am excited for this game given the BCS bowl implications for my Tigers. Should be a hard fought contest, and I think Clemson should be able to pull it out.

As I've indicated before, I am all for chaos in the college football world. I'm a large proponent of a playoff system and not just a 4 team playoff. Accordingly, I will be pulling for the real USC to upset Notre Dame. The Golden Domers have a good team this year, as well as a QB from South Carolina. However, today requires them to lose for the good of college football. What can I say? Sometimes sacrifice is required.

We are also preparing for the transition from HumorMD Jr's first football season to his first basketball season. Basketball was the first sport that I really loved, so I'm looking forward to showing him the ins and outs of my first sports love. Hopefully, his athletic skills will surpass mine and allow him to be more than a simple spot up jump shooter like his old man. Early observations so far show that Clemson is playing well given their youth. Really like Brad Brownell and his style of play. Tough defense combined with motion offense. I couldn't ask for anything more, and a few good recruiting classes could result in some very impressive results. Outside of my alma mater, Duke has looked impressive so far, and NC State has all the tools to make a deep run. If State can actually beat everyone they're supposed to (traditionally difficult for them), then they will be in great shape.

Hope everyone enjoys your post Thanksgiving weekend and go Tigers!


No comments:

Post a Comment