Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Kid's Favorite Food is Tylenol

As I mentioned yesterday, HumorMD Jr. was a champ when it came to his two month round of shots. Today, I will disclose fully that he had a bit of pharmacological help with this. We didn't want to see him suffer, so we gave him a few doses of Infant Tylenol over the next day or so. There is only one way to describe this stuff. An unbelievable hit. As it turns out, he loves it. He sucked it down like it was the best thing he had ever eaten. I'm even starting to wonder if he didn't cry a few times just so he could get one more serving. Given that his only two foods in life so far have been formula and Tylenol, I would have to say that his current favorite food is Tylenol.

On a similar note, he also has a penchant for oral vaccines. Aside from the needles that he had to endure, some blessed folks in a lab somewhere have made the Rotavirus vaccine into an oral preparation (God bless each and every one of you). According to the pediatric folks, this vaccine typically does not taste very good. Well, HumorMD Jr. didn't get that memo. Mom reports that he thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, until he got some Tylenol soon afterwards that is.

As a parent, this is a great sign. Neither his mother nor I were picky eaters, and I was not looking forward to the prospect of having a lot of dinner table battles over vegetables or other traditionally non-kid friendly foods. If my son will suck down a live virus that other kids hate, then I think I should be in the clear. That means that I won't have to break out my original plan, which was to rename every different vegetable as a popular brand of candy. Ask to pass the Sweet Tarts and some squash shows up on your plate. He'd have no choice but to like it, and he would already be used to eating vegetables by the time he was old enough to figure it out. Pure genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment