Sunday, March 9, 2014

This Just Feels Like a Circus

I know. I went back to my old blog address. I'm sorry. The confusion will stop here fairly soon. Most of you click through from Facebook to get here anyway, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal. I was thinking that I would start fresh with a brand new blog address, but I soon realized that was dumb. I already have so much chronicled on this blog. Why put similar content in a completely separate place? There's no reason for foolishness like that.

On a more fun note, we took little man to the circus this weekend. We have quickly discovered that he LOVES shows of any kind. We've seen several live performances of his favorite TV shows, and he always enjoys it. The circus was no exception. He was riveted the entire time, in between squeals of delight that is. This should give you an idea of just how fixated he was:

You will also note that the circus is entertaining for all ages, which I can attest to. His grandparents found it just as thrilling as he did. You may wonder what they're looking at that would be so astonishing...

Now, this is impressive in its own right, but you have to think about this from a toddler's perspective. He has never seen an elephant before about twenty seconds ago, and now they are dancing to techno music in front of him. Mind=blown. I think he stared at that exact same spot for about ten minutes even after the elephant act was over. 

We're really in a bind for figuring out how to top this next weekend. How do you get any better than pachyderms doing the polka? I'm thinking maybe order something from Amazon, have their fancy new drone system deliver it, and then tell him that the drone is part of Santa's new gift delivery system. Then, we can tell him drones will stop coming if he misbehaves. Move over Elf on the Shelf. That's next generation parenting for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment