Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Baby Crack

My son is a fairly easy-going little guy. He is OK being held by anyone and can entertain himself for hours flat on his back doing nothing. There is only one particular situation where you can see the crazy side of him...feeding time. The sweet little boy turns into a raging maniac that will spit his pacifier at you and scream in loud, short bursts (think Jekyll and Hyde). All of this will only be solved by the taste of formula on his tongue, and he transforms back into his relaxed self.

Needless to say, I recognized that desperate look in my son's eye from my clinical experience. Addiction will give a certain desperate look to a person that normally triggers my instinct to ask more questions and offer my help. You can imagine my reaction when I saw that look in my infant son.

This has led Mrs. HumorMD and myself to officially dub formula as "baby crack." It really does function as a cure all. Need to buy a few minutes of quiet while you get dressed? Break out the baby crack. Need to shoot a few baby photos without threat of a full scale infant mutiny? Pass the baby crack. I usually do not support feeding addiction or promoting obesity. In this case however, if you can't beat 'em, feed 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment