Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tebow

This post has nothing to do with medicine, humor, or any other theme I may have accidentally developed on my blog. This is one of the occasional posts where I just talk about what I want to talk about. I promise, it will still be worthwhile and not mindless drivel that makes you regret coming to my site. Sports will be the theme of the near future. The Ryder Cup is this weekend, which is one of the most awesome events imaginable. More about that in future days. For now, we must talk about Tebow.

A few disclaimers to start out with. I'm biased towards Tebow. Big time. For me, he is the quintessential sports hero. Not only do I share his Christian beliefs, but I love the way he plays football. I am a ground and pound guy. The NFL is incredibly too pass happy in my opinion. It was amazing watching him run all over people while all the pundits said it couldn't be done in the league. I say all that just to be fair. Beyond his undervalued skills, the guy is just a flat out winner. If we are picking teams on the playground, I'd take him with my first pick all day long regardless of the sport being played. His intangibles are that far through the roof.

I'm still amazed at the negativity directed at Tebow. I'm pretty confident much has to do with his outspoken faith. No one in their right mind can say the man can't win ballgames. He already has. He works harder than anyone. He helps those that are hurting and tries to be an example for kids. He regards his mission outside of football as more important than the game. All of these are things that we try to teach our own kids, yet he gets bashed daily. Why? Besides show an amazing will to win, being a great example, and not apologizing for what he believes in, what can you criticize about the man? If you disagree with his beliefs, say so. Don't hide behind petty criticism of his game when you really just want to see him fail so that you can try to connect any on the field failure he has to his religious views.

Something else I haven't figured out it is how the Broncos willfully let Tebow leave the city. Did you see what that kid just did for your team? I realize that John Elway is a Hall of Famer who wants to have a prototypical quarterback. But you must realize the opportunity before you. How much more of an impact will you leave on the game if you build a team around Tebow and win? Everyone said that style of play wouldn't work, and you proved that it did. Your next move? Trade Tebow!!?? Incomprehensible to me. I happen to love Peyton Manning as well. Think he is a great guy and one of the best QB's of all time. But this opportunity is much bigger than getting a 36 year old QB with multiple neck surgeries.

So there are my thoughts. Tebow is the man, plain and simple. He is the sole reason that I tune into the NY Jets games every Sunday. Now let's get him some playing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment